Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kayla's Dedication

I have my heart set on a lovely family orientated, private, warm dedication for my baby girl. After all I am her mother & I can have it the way I want it right? Wrong!

My church won't do a private one as the pastors are too busy and they would rather me bring her in on a date they decide on, be called up with 10 other couples and their kids and have a prayer said and then sit through a normal Sunday service, obviously my family & friends are welcome to the service so the church can get more members and expose the non-believers to God. I agree fully and what a way to do it but come on, this is a once in a life time thing.

Why is it so important to me you ask? Who knows, but to me (this is my opinion) that the day is about Kayla and about my husband, myself & Kayla's Godparents to promise to bring her up loving, knowing and believing in God. That her parents, her Godparents, Grandparents & other family & friends promise to love her, teach her God's way and support her as a 'community'.

It is also so important to have it in November as Brayden was due in Nov. We lost him in July, we found out we were pregnant last Nov just before his due date, Kayla was due in July and to have her dedicated in Nov seems to me to be a nice way to end the circle of life between my 2 babies!

I would also like a nice family thing at home but am also happy to do it at a church.. I just hope it works out like I planned!

2 comments:

  1. I hope it works out the way you want it to. After all, you only get to do this with your child once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that someone will be able to help you!

    I love the idea of a private dedication! Will also like to do that some day!

    ReplyDelete